hello i just need your ideas for my half done map

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
Acehigh^^
Pixel

hello i just need your ideas for my half done map

Post by Acehigh^^ »

hello, new to this forums so i dont know whos who,

i been working on this space video game map for about 4 days, i been trying to get a good layout and gameplay, im not going for stunning map that looks really detailed. mostly game play for now,

the basic idea of the map is,
The Combine are at it again, this time they traped some humans and hooked them in to a video game system, they have to battle combine and other monsters to stay alive and shut down the game so they can get back to the real world. but there not fully on there own they have allys hacked in to from friends at other base in the world,

i just need your guys ideas on what kind of monsters and basic layout / rooms. i also dont have any idea what im going to cool this map so im open to ideas on that to,

this is my main layout looks like, notting final yet,

so here we have the main spawn room for humans,

i tryed to make it detailed but not to much, so it ooks like i put time in the map

i tryed to make jumps and other things you see in a video game on the nes or sage,

thats my main one but i did 2 more, one of them was so unbelivable carp, and the other came out ok

sorry for the images comming out to big, and plz only good ideas,
im sorry for my bad spelling.
dont spam some thing dumb like "OMG DIE NOW HAHA YOU SUCK"

thanks acehigh
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

nice
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

omg haha this guy sucks! okok jk

nice map, are you going to add diffrent classes that you can pick like in oc_bunker?
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

YOU DIE NOW! BAD MAN USING RESOLUTION SCREEN!

nah jaykin bacon(it's how i say jk so :P)

anyways
looks like you took a step out of valve to make that from what I've seen from the screens you've done a map in the spirit of half life (not the mod) just the right amount of enemies, puzzles and other things to keep you on your toes. Of course I'm just gonna say. get some new Textures. the ones on that wall look like a sprite from the egon gun oh so long ago. I'd recomend making your own in a dystopia style fashion or making some ormal walls until someone can for you.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Looks too.. empty, add some detail. Also those jumps look easy, make it harder somehow :P
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

idk what to say about that, some crazy world like in MoP.
Acehigh^^
Pixel

Post by Acehigh^^ »

yeah thanks i argee with you there, i need new ones, im thinking about making my own but i dont know, im going add tharder jumps later like i said notting final, im keeping the the roof and floor black but the walls canchange, i might add classers i dont know,,
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Secret city like maps are awsome imo.