Well, I've started on one, finally...

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Well, I've started on one, finally...

Post by Power-Mad »

I always need 2 maps in production, so tha when i get bored with one, I can turn to the other. With twilight zone officially terminated, I decided to make a new map, a star trek on.

After seeing the space level scoma made, I found out how to do it, how to make a startrek map! I'm not directly ripping it off, no, my idea is diffrent, I'm just taking the inside of the ship idea, how you walk up the the model and just teleport somewhere compeltely diffrent, modeled as the ship.

Enough about how I'm going to do it though, I need your opinion on some things:

1: Would you rather have the original star trek ship, or next generations's? (I WILL NOT do enterprise's or deep space nine's.

2: How many planets should there be (Not including the final "planet"), 2 large ones to explore, 3 mid sized ones, or 4 small ones.

3: Should I include more puzzles or action?

4: Should I use "custom phaser models" if I can find them?
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

Next Generation, medium, yes, yes.
Hyperjag3 wrote:God damnit, I can't take anymore of that fag's shit, banned.
skidz wrote:Your account and IP are banned for life, goodbye.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

I feel like a misfit in this forum not knowing anything about star trek...
At least I can tell you that medium size often is the best. large is only good if you have a huge variety in the map.
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

puzzle :D
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:I feel like a misfit in this forum not knowing anything about star trek...
At least I can tell you that medium size often is the best. large is only good if you have a huge variety in the map.
your not alone. I also dont know much about it ;(
Only seen like 15 new episodes and about 10 old ones.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:I feel like a misfit in this forum not knowing anything about star trek...
your not alone. I also dont know much about it ;(
Only seen like 15 new episodes and about 10 old ones.
That's why we've chosen not to have star trek avatars. :) First I thought about having Spock, but I changed my mind and made my own Obsidian style avatar.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Don't worry, you can still enjoy the map, I'm not including a whole star trek story here, just a star trek setting. If you know who Picard is, you'll do fine.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

maybe you can use these models in the sky box or something.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/5363
and these http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/10833
Last edited by Lark on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

No, I have the enterprise set already, you can even, in a limited way, drive it around.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Power-Mad wrote:No, I have the enterprise set already, you can even, in a limited way, drive it around.
cool but will this be usefull http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/show ... ght=phaser its a phaser and tricorder I think I can rig the tricorder as a medkit and V model med kit and maybe the phaser as a V model to
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

gtaiiilc wrote:
Power-Mad wrote:No, I have the enterprise set already, you can even, in a limited way, drive it around.
cool but will this be usefull http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/show ... ght=phaser its a phaser and tricorder I think I can rig the tricorder as a medkit and V model med kit and maybe the phaser as a V model to
If you do, man, that would be so awesome. I'll name an enemy after you :P
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Power-Mad wrote:
gtaiiilc wrote:
If you do, man, that would be so awesome. I'll name an enemy after you :P
I cant steam has fraked up my decompiler but someone might still be able to get the tricorder as the med kit world model may be I can fix this latter though.