Anime Models Pack Thread [UPDATED 2/20/11]

Obsidian Conflict Playermodels go here.
SNOWMAN7
Donator
Donator

Post by SNOWMAN7 »

Yes, they are Japanese polotics.
"Poppo" is a former primeminister and "Ozalin" is the leader of the Political party
Miss Eleksin
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Miss Eleksin »

lol It seems Mesark either really likes them or hates them because those names seem really cutesy. :3
Image Image Image <--- Click them for music :3
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

we shoot at those 2 in a remodeld map of his so i think its hate.
just a gues.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

Btw I have extracted some mesark models directly but not all of them. I have no real time to find them all in the directory tree and delete all the correct files so here is my question.

If I update the anime model pack with the mesark models with that cause complications with the models I already extracted in the materials/models folder? Or does the add-on system simply work in such a way that it checks if something is alrady in the mod and then uses whatever is not? So, does the add-on system overwrite?
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Datastream wrote: So, does the add-on system overwrite?
I'm pretty sure Neico said it can't overwrite stuff, so you should be safe...... unless you're paranoid like me and want perfect everything, go ahead and back em up :P
TyHap
Pixel

Post by TyHap »

Mesark's model have such a great quality.Thanks for models pack,makin' game more different,i am tired of these rebels and gordon freeman.
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

Awesome, I can't wait to annoy the frak out of my anti-Lucky Star friend by having Konata Izumi kick his ass. Which reminds me, has anyone bothered to create anime NPC's for Obsidian? I mean, it's possible. Most of the characters in this pack were based off of ones with NPC animations, so it's very possible.

Also, on the anime topic itself, most of the reason for all the hate comes from Facepunch and the common misconception that weeaboos are anyone who likes anything Japanese, therefore anime is that "forbidden" thing and the trolls of FP find every way to say that it's horrible and use that to troll anyone speaking of it into submission. I should also mention that Know Your Meme has the correct meaning of weeaboo.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Suppercut wrote: Which reminds me, has anyone bothered to create anime NPC's for Obsidian? I mean, it's possible. Most of the characters in this pack were based off of ones with NPC animations, so it's very possible.
Oh god haha, if someone were to rig it for npcs, I'd make a map where you fight random characters and they fire huge-ass pastries at you with flying cats and wat. :siezure:
SkyNinja
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SkyNinja »

Technically, they are rigged for it. All that would need to be done is a decompiling of the models, change what the included models are, and recompile... unless these use COMPLETELY custom animations, which I doubt...
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

Axel_m3sh wrote:
Suppercut wrote: Which reminds me, has anyone bothered to create anime NPC's for Obsidian? I mean, it's possible. Most of the characters in this pack were based off of ones with NPC animations, so it's very possible.
Oh god haha, if someone were to rig it for npcs, I'd make a map where you fight random characters and they fire huge-ass pastries at you with flying cats and wat. :siezure:
lolwut

Also, I know the Konata and Haruhi models (among others done by Boroko on garrysmod .org) were already rigged for NPCs to start.

Edit:
Well, I mean possessing the NPC animations.
Yet Another Edit: Now I realize it's kinda hard to completely create a new NPC (with custom sounds and everything) since this isn't Garrysmod where you can just make a SNPC. Unless the supposed "addon system" allows for creating a whole new gender for Citizens for each and every anime character so as to be able to give each one custom sounds (have Konata say lines from Lucky Star and whatnot). Although that might be possible. Somehow.
Like, how was that giant boss I saw in the OC 1.35 trailer constructed? It shot lasers and flew around. Can't do that with simply a helicopter or gunship.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Suppercut wrote: Like, how was that giant boss I saw in the OC 1.35 trailer constructed? It shot lasers and flew around. Can't do that with simply a helicopter or gunship.
A lot of entity work and hammer mapping skillz mah friend :)
Other maps like ones that Masa0x and Zteer make have custom bosses. It's complex lol
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

Axel_m3sh wrote:
Suppercut wrote: Like, how was that giant boss I saw in the OC 1.35 trailer constructed? It shot lasers and flew around. Can't do that with simply a helicopter or gunship.
Other maps like ones that Masa0x and Zteer make have custom bosses. It's complex lol
What kind of "entity work"? And how exactly were they constructed? Just curious, I'm a mapper myself. I wish I could decompile those to learn how they were done.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Suppercut wrote:
Axel_m3sh wrote:
What kind of "entity work"? And how exactly were they constructed? Just curious, I'm a mapper myself. I wish I could decompile those to learn how they were done.
You parent stuff like func_tanks with lasers and gunfire entities parented to them. Then you either put in a custom model or just add on to an NPC like a helicopter. Alternativly you can just use a func_breakable as the body, and then have that go around on a tracktrain, also shooting lasers with the func_tank method stated above. Then just have logic entities decide when to activate attacks and when and under what conditions. Maybe add a shockwave effect and then have all the players thrown in the sky, I dont know. Explore with all those fun little entities.
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

DisConnected wrote:
Suppercut wrote:
Axel_m3sh wrote:
Suppercut wrote:Like, how was that giant boss I saw in the OC 1.35 trailer constructed? It shot lasers and flew around. Can't do that with simply a helicopter or gunship.
You parent stuff like func_tanks with lasers and gunfire entities parented to them. Then you either put in a custom model or just add on to an NPC like a helicopter. Alternativly you can just use a func_breakable as the body, and then have that go around on a tracktrain, also shooting lasers with the func_tank method stated above. Then just have logic entities decide when to activate attacks and when and under what conditions. Maybe add a shockwave effect and then have all the players thrown in the sky, I dont know. Explore with all those fun little entities.
That's what I had a feeling of. Sigh. Wish it was possible to define entities in an add-on.
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

Maybe I can make a bossrush with anime characters. Would be hilarious. :lol:

Who agrees? Father Konata? Hatsune Calhoun? Alyx Suzumiya? Cmon, people. :)

Okay, now I REALLY wanna make an advisor Kagami.