A couple of questions.

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

A couple of questions.

Post by fug4life »

My first is... I have a 2d sky box unessercarily around the whole of my map and Ive used the sky_space. All is fine although the scale makes the planets and stars look too large and pixelated. Any way to change scale/ resolution, or do I have to go and edit the original space textures? Would a 3d sky box help, although the nature of my map Its not needed for any other purpose. I could probably make a smaller sky box just at the top of my map that dosent surround the whole map which would make the skybox smaller, would that help the resolution?

Second I have a dude In a glass like fish tank. and the water brush is not a square, I think it has 5 sides. should I use func_fish_pool (without the fish), and do I texture the whole brush unlike normal water then tie it to the func_fish_pool?

Any Ideas?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

func_fish_pool was that Counter-Strike ent, I've never used it before but I would guess its just a nodraw textured brush tied to it. As for the skybox, you would have to photoshop the textures themselves to have them the right size.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

thnx for info :)