Attack Force Alpha Trainyard (second map released)

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

You should put the weapons nearer to spawn points anyway.
Keychain is right. :P
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

But if you die, while allies are in the sewers for example, and combine had made there way back to the spawn after getting killed (they have the urge to get on the turret even though there's nothing for them to shoot.) You'll be on your own with them, and if you stick your head out even the slightest bit, they'll pulverize you with their AK's. While you, have so little time to get those several fiveseven shots it takes to take down ONE soldier. This happened to me twice and all I did was beg W0rf0x to change the map.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Hmm, I'm still yet to play this but hearing the complaints gives me a cheaky little smile.
KC you really having that much trouble? Surely this is a good thing? Is it repeatative? Or you just haven't learn't the map yet?, don't forget a map needs to be played 10+ times to be mastered imo, and once its mastered well its value decreases. So enjoy having your arse kicked whilst it lasts?

And if still failure perhaps KON_air will consider a glock (much better accuracy imo) as a replacement and perhaps a respawning medkit of some sort near the spawn.

Damn I'm looking forward to this map.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Well;
-There have never been any fivesevens in atfor maps, Usp was the starting pistol then it became P228. If you want to take on 2 mgs and zirillions of Combine head on with a pistol... well, that is a problem for you to solve, as there is a pretty obivious path to get to the power station that doesn't involve runing through the frontline.
-You are supposed to get shot and die when alone, repeatedly, it is a Coop map.
-Spawn points move, first into the stations and then to the rebel camp or into the guard house when you buy backdoor codes. There was a forgotten spawn point that didn't got disabled but that was when the map was till in wip section.
-I'll get the Mp5 crate closer if it is that problematic in next version.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Oh, wrong gun, my point remains valid. You're really missing the fraking point that it doesn't make sense for you to die just because you respawned because the lines behind spawn points should be clear.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

there is a bug in trainyard i discoverd it this morning.
apareantley there is a way to get the buggy past the blockade dont ask me how but the person i was with dark john drove the care through while i crashed it in the blockade and got out for some armor he somehow drove the car to the second blockade but the shield blocked our way and we were stuck.
i couldnt confirm how he did it but the console to hack in the blockade want NOT activated.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

You're really missing the fraking point that it doesn't make sense for you to die just because you respawned because the lines behind spawn points should be clear.
I still don't get it, you mean you want perfectly isolated spawns or talking about a fixed error that caused players to spawn in the first checkpoint when you should have spawned inside the station? Or a specfic case someone used the consoles without clearing the station or destroying the power station?

-Destiny Buggy is irrevelant to progress once you open the garage door you can make it to the finale without it. It is just a source of RPGs and RPG ammo.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

I DONT MEAN THAT MAP THE FIRST ONE.
there is that blockade with the sentry ambush the forcefield were the metrocops come out of doesnt open if you dont trigger the trap.
and showhow it didnt got triggerd
Image Image
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Blowing up Apcs crash the server, don't play untill find a fix.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

this isnt about the city fight its wen you have to drive the jeep in the FIRST MAP trainyard.

or did you mean something else?
Image Image
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

I put a vehicle clip, though it has all those bells and whistles it might not really help so tell your friends not to be too smart and drive the damned thing through the check point.

And trainyard V5 and cityfight V3;
-Made Apcs shoot and not crash the server :P
-Trainyard changes MP5 cache closer to spawn, Ak47s in merchant room.
-Fixed way point icon alpha problem.

http://files.filefront.com/oc+atfor+v5+ ... einfo.html
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

What I mean is, there should be no enemies in between activated spawns. If the team has cleared the area around the first spawn and was able to continue on, the enemies shouldn't come back. Because then people who have to respawn before the next spawn activates have to fight them off on their own.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

just so you know that way of fighting is what i always had to endure during hlf2dm coop everyone always left me behind with the enemies having me do the clean up while they get the main attention.
i really wanted to kill those ******* bastards.
Image Image
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

If they are moving on without clearing the station that is a problem between you and the other players, not mine.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

kon im not talking about your map im talking about some faggots in the past who could just die they always ignored others only caring about themselfes. they knew shit about any map if you ask me if they were 1 iq point lower they wouldnt even know how to fire. i sure am glad there anrent any poeple like that on oc.

because i would kill them and not even rescue them if they were here.
Image Image