Hey hey, Merchant

Obsidian General.
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

Post by CozmicShredder »

Was thinking if the merchant is meant to be killed and the particular client or clients/team is supposed to protect them from either AI or other team then if someone on your team kills him or attacks him then are they going to get a negative score or are they going to suffer some other consequence?

And can this be set as an option to allow mappers or servers to impose some type of moderations by the AI itself??

And are you going to set modes for the Merchant like allow whoever has power over the merchant to set him to guard, attack or flee...

And are their going to be Merchant Classes as well?
CozWorld Gaming Community
http://www.cozworld.com
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

my question:
does the merchant has custom model?
or its a grigori skin (ROFL)
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I know you said you can use most npc models, can you use for dynamic prop models, I'm trying to use a particular model just for decoration in my map at the moment. But should I want to is it possible to have other models or even func_ brushes as the merchant?

The model in question is the models/advisor.mdl

Is it ok to use this model for OC I can't remeber if it was in the game or not? For I have it as a prop_dynamic, No big deal if it's not possible to have as merchant. I'll pick something else, and still have advisor as a prop.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

fug4life wrote:I know you said you can use most npc models, can you use for dynamic prop models, I'm trying to use a particular model just for decoration in my map at the moment. But should I want to is it possible to have other models or even func_ brushes as the merchant?

Is it ok to use this model for OC I can't remeber if it was in the game or not? For I have it as a prop_dynamic, No big deal if it's not possible to have as merchant. I'll pick something else, and still have advisor as a prop.
Yea, there will be an object version of the merchant so you can have an ATM machine or something.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

skidz wrote:
fug4life wrote:I know you said you can use most npc models, can you use for dynamic prop models, I'm trying to use a particular model just for decoration in my map at the moment. But should I want to is it possible to have other models or even func_ brushes as the merchant?

Yea, there will be an object version of the merchant so you can have an ATM machine or something.
Lol, i just had this image of grigori stuffed into an atm handing out guns.
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

DaMaN wrote:
skidz wrote:

Lol, i just had this image of grigori stuffed into an atm handing out guns.
You could do that. :P
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

the defalt model should be the fishermen.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Just came here to mention 1 thing this needs:
Item stock

Basically, how much of the item can be bought before it's off the list. Setting it to 0 means infinite, which I guess most peope will use, but a few mappers might want to adjust it.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Power-Mad wrote:Just came here to mention 1 thing this needs:
Item stock

Basically, how much of the item can be bought before it's off the list. Setting it to 0 means infinite, which I guess most peope will use, but a few mappers might want to adjust it.
Yea thats possible.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

What about a restock input? Or a restock weapon to amount? Like "OnTrigger // merchant // restock // weapon_smg1 10"?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Couple more questions?

They've already probably been asked but...

Can the merchant be respawned easily if killed, say on a template (Did I already ask this?), say after a certain time.
Can you script whole kit load outs for the merchant to carry, I.e class setups?
And an unrelated question, how do you give colour effects to models, like Power-Mad's fast zombies in starlight, can it be done in hammer ( do you just adjust render colour? I haven't tried this yet ) I want to have red/blue merchants.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

fug4life wrote: And an unrelated question, how do you give colour effects to models, like Power-Mad's fast zombies in starlight, can it be done in hammer ( do you just adjust render colour? I haven't tried this yet ) I want to have red/blue merchants.
Well, I don't know about the rest of your questions, but I do know that by using the render colour it'll alter the colour of the model, so yes, that's probably how power-mad's fast zombies were altered. It can give a really nice effect, like blue antlionguards, black zombies, red combine elites, etc.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Thnx for info, My mind is at rest. :D
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

fug4life wrote:Thnx for info, My mind is at rest. :D
Heh, np :D
Alyxie
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alyxie »

Lol, give him the voice from the merchant in Resident Evil 4.
Just kidding. Good idea to make the players pay for their "toys" other then find them.
Once you dail that number, blood is on your hands.