oc_archives_mapselect

Show off work in progress maps.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

W0rf0x wrote:
Power-Mad wrote:When this comes out, w0rf0x should make his server alternate between the 2 map selects every other day XD
No, i stay with yas_lobby, i made it especially for my server with all the stuff i need, and i also dont want to change 2 mapadscripts everytime i add a map to the server.
Not even with an airlock door that sucked everyone out into space?
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

DaMaN wrote:
W0rf0x wrote:
Power-Mad wrote:When this comes out, w0rf0x should make his server alternate between the 2 map selects every other day XD
No, i stay with yas_lobby, i made it especially for my server with all the stuff i need, and i also dont want to change 2 mapadscripts everytime i add a map to the server.
Not even with an airlock door that sucked everyone out into space?
Yes, not even with an airlock that sucks everyone into space.
i adapted yas_lobby to my server, it only has the stuff i need, and if i need something changed (like more mapslots), i make a new version, eg: yas_lobby_v5 has ep2 support, a help, to tell people how the map works (yes, there are people who dont know whats the point of the map or how it works) and the bad fps when moving around are fixed.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Firstly,

Powermad, I understand you, If I can make half decent looking ones out of brushes then fair enough. I think one of the reasons those trusses look even more displeasing to the eye is that they are 90 degress the opposite to the flow of most of the other brushes I f you get what I mean.

Tono, I actually like those textures and lights in a space setting, everybodies idea of what a space ship should look like is different. That area was ment to be less Industrail and more lounge -like, I'll try some other textures but who knows. You just have to imagine late 1970's space concepts. You guys are right I'm not arguing, but I think you guys associate to much with c17. Which is probably a natural asscociation.

W0rf0x, Lobby is lobby I never expected you to start using an alternative. :D
I just want people to know that I'm not trying to compete or expect people to run this on their servers.
It's simply an alternative to Zteers Mapselect_v2.
While I'm at it I'd actually like to say that both Yas_lobby and Mapselect_v2 were (and particually Mapselect_v2 seeing as it's built into this map) huge inspirations for this map and without Zteer or W0rf0x I wouldn't of ever made a map like this.

I've tried to give a little thank you to Zteer and W0rf0x in the map. :D

Consider this just an alternative little tribute map.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

I do prefer the look of yas lobby, tbh.

But still looking forward trying yours, fug.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

^ :D

Well I've got time on my hands try make this map not so bizzare and a bit prettier :)

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I've been working very hard to get this map finished the past week and I've had to battle all sorts of problems and as I speak I'm currently backing up all my wip maps and materials plus my server setup, because last night whilst preparing for maybe a beta release of this map, I restarted my computer to find out my gfx card has a serious problem i.e for some reason it wont enable. Now this is damn hard to pin point what has gone wrong. I've had dust problems in the past, but recently in game I've had freezing problems also Valve released a fix for compatability issues for ati tools and fraps both of which I had installed. And to make matters worse I went on a huge spring clean yesterday (deleted nearly 70 gig from hdd, defrag a couple of times, disk scanned, disk clean up compress, virus scanned, various cleaners for registry and memory cleaners).

So at the moment moral is very low, I've got the flu, it's christmas eve and I feel weak, broken almost! :(

Just when things were going well too, I even managed to get a semi dedictaed server up recently :D

The beta testers have had quite a lot of releases of wonderful 1.3 goodness like new maps and features to test from the dev team to keep them happy, amused/occupied.
I was hoping to give the rest of you something to get your hands dirty with and test.

Nothing to get too excited about after all it's only a mapselect, but hopefully you'll wanna take a look around give me some feedback particually on performance as I've been battling with fps and I'm concerned it's not up to an acceptable level. At the same time I hope you'll have some fun with a couple of features I added. Now I know it's not the greatest Idea to give away features and ruin the surprise, other mappers are coi and try not to give too much away. I felt seeing as forums are quiet I'd show some recent pictures for you....

And finally, being sucked into space seems to be the 'in' thing at the moment, and seeing as massa0x posted some shots of his map I thought I'd get in there too! I never really planned for this map to turn out as a space map but after a sequence of events it just ended up that way Also you can blame DaMaN for the next picture it wa shis idea. Looking at this next picture reminds me of oc_cannon and really makes me excited yet impatient at the thought of playing Hikadam's map, I'm worried he's dissapeared, I'll cry if he dosen't finish it :cry: , and then hunt him down and hold hostage to his computer and hammer!!! :twisted:

Anyway...

Now, I've gone a little against the grain with what feedback I received from you guys earlier and I hope your not offended, nothing is final but for example I've still kept the metal trim texture 90 degress the wrong way (going vertical). I've kept the trusses and havent replaced with brush ones and the c17 light model is staying.....for now!

So beta test anyone? let me sort out my gfx card and maybe today/tomorrow I'll have a little present for you!
But bare in mind I have a couple of issues with this map mainly performance and it's performance I want you guys to test!
But if your bored this christmas you can kill some time having fun in my gravity lock! :)

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database