oc_blizzard

Show off work in progress maps.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Bump ~ map is back in the works!!!

Making fast progress, I think I've thought this one out. I had a brain storming session.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Yay fug!!!! :D
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Well I've been mapping quite hard past few days, 'I'm feeling it'.
oc_rein well map is half done half cyclinder and half not sure what game mechanics to use. My other maps and mapadds are all ok apartf rom the odd niggling thing I'd like to change adjust.

This map, this map was like oc_rein and troubling me but I've been thinking long and hard with what to do with the map and I've just about thought out everything.

Some early Interior shots of the bases you'd previously seen on the first post some time ago. Its a team map with bases, capture obj's, npcs and a lot more! I've got the layout of map done, displacements need roughing up a bit and texturing, I've figured out all my props and just twiddling the lighting at the moment for interiors. As always I leave most of the mechanics I/O work last, its tedious a little for me. But things should move fast.

The Blue teams generators, terminals and central computer core:

The lighting is a bit wierd still these screen shots are really from lighting tests. I'm trying to get the blue base looking blue without it being too overwhelming, still not happy...

was that a ramble? I needed timeout.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Yea, i think the lighting could be tweaked a bit. The interiors look good - I like how you've tried to break up a linear path with some props on the sides of the corridor and some things on the ceiling - breaking the lines a bit more and making it nicer to look at than a rectangular prism. :)

Looking good and I'm looking forwards to seeing more!! MORE!!!
was that a ramble?
Naw, a ramble is when you fill up three screens with text. That was barely two screens with images. ;)

Rants are good though. I've had some good ones about my maps. I find it helps...
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

This would make a better 'castledefense' kind of map. 'Cept only one building and invasion comes from opposite side.
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

Keychain wrote:This would make a better 'castledefense' kind of map. 'Cept only one building and invasion comes from opposite side.
i agree, no more pvp maps plz
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I can understand your point it being co-op.
I doubt action wise I'd be able to get anything as special as castledefense.
I am planning an epic war map similar to castledefence but your assaulting instead (similar to oc_newgappoi_f which is seriously underated).. This team map I'm working on was supposed to be a quick map. And its actually a build up to my 'one big masterpiece'.
I'll keep it PvP for now as there are quite a few normal co-ops in the works about to be released.

I personally love seamus, just needs to be a good amount of players to enjoy. But recently I see a lot of PvP maps getting play time :)

Sorry guys I'm halfway through...

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Ep2 has a wonderful matrix like binary effect, it luckily for me comes in 3 flavours Red Blue and Green (green will represent neutral).

Here is the beginnings of a foward command point that if captured will be a foward base where you can get into the battle and push for map domination. Complete with turrets shields generator terminals and teleports. These will be accompanied by the npc spawn stations (see hammer picture above to get the idea).

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

fug4life wrote:I can understand your point it being co-op.
I doubt action wise I'd be able to get anything as special as castledefense.
I am planning an epic war map similar to castledefence but your assaulting instead (similar to oc_newgappoi_f which is seriously underated).. This team map I'm working on was supposed to be a quick map. And its actually a build up to my 'one big masterpiece'.
I'll keep it PvP for now as there are quite a few normal co-ops in the works about to be released.

I personally love seamus, just needs to be a good amount of players to enjoy. But recently I see a lot of PvP maps getting play time :)

Sorry guys I'm halfway through...
Actually I've also noticed that teamplay maps are getting played more. I see lots of possibilities for teamplay maps, and the co-op engine can be helpful in this regard.

This is looking like a fun map, so yay fug!
fug4life wrote:Ep2 has a wonderful matrix like binary effect, it luckily for me comes in 3 flavours Red Blue and Green (green will represent neutral).

Here is the beginnings of a foward command point that if captured will be a foward base where you can get into the battle and push for map domination. Complete with turrets shields generator terminals and teleports. These will be accompanied by the npc spawn stations (see hammer picture above to get the idea).
Snazzy! Those teleport and shield things look neat! (Though perhaps reduce the alpha of them a little bit to make them more transparent? I'm thinking a value of 150).