OC_Sevenstreet

Show off work in progress maps.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

OC_Sevenstreet

Post by Power-Mad »

There was an old forgotten town that has become the crossfire point of a large war. Most have left the town, some stayed and died, and one person, daughter of the old owner of the land, is the legal sole owner of the town now. Rather than asking for it, the military just wants to kill her and take it by force, and so you mercinaries are to protect Cody until tomarrow morning. Your mission starts at 8 am.

Welcome to oc_sevenstreet. My long sense awaited third map for obsidian conflict. It is my test at making a map where time passes dynamicly and my test at showing those people who just make antlion assult maps and call it a day how REALLY to do an onslaught gamemode. Yes, you are in that house all 32 minutes of the map, but your objective to keep Cody alive keeps things intresting. Rounds constantly get harder and I will be surprised if ANYONE here beats it the first day it is released. When will I release this? Probably around thursday or friday... *WAZING* bet you didn't expect it this early after coming into light of public eyes. It would come earlier, like wensday but I'm enocountering 2 bugs that need solving. Below are some many screenshots!

(Alyxgun is in the freezer, it is usless for now, just preparing it for when it becomes usable in 1.3)

And here's a sneak peak at a later time of day
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/p ... et0006.jpg
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Wow! Very nice!

My only complaint would be that the exterior cliffs should be more "bumpy" -> they don't look too natural right now. However, I think that problem pales in comparison with the interesting gameplay you have lined up!

Congrats on such an awesome looking map! I will certainly be interested in playing it when it comes out.
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Looks good, I would agree that the cliffs that level off at the top are a bit bland.
But looking good!

I have a confession to make,... last night was the first time I'd played Starlight (and a few others). I've been so into constructing my own map I forgot where is the love? So I fired up o/c jumped on a server and had a late but amazing night playing. Starlight is up there as one of my favorite maps! Good work looking forward to your next master piece.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

looks good, though im abit tired of this style of maps this sounds interesting (protecting someone).

i would change the story abit, like this:

Every woman in the WORLD has suddenly died and army men are very very horny. This leads to catastrophe, army men are willing to blast their way to the last woman on earth just to F U C K her! You have to protect prostitute named Cody from horny army men until tomorrow morning. (Evil army men cant stand mornings so they will die at the end).
Last edited by destu on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Thanks for the very creative story, but I think I'll have to stick with the old one. Anyways, yes yes.... those cliffs are horrible... I didn't wanna bother adding more displacments until everything was finished.

Oh, and I didn't realise there was another map of this kind. I knew there were maps before this how you stay in 1 main base and fight off invaders but I didn't realise someone already made a bodyguard like mode. I'm trying to make this better than past onslaughts by constantly changing the enemy swarms and such, as well as the occasional boss fight.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

"This leads to catastrophe, army men are willing to blast their way to the last woman on earth just to F U C K him" HIM?!? THERE ALL HOMOS!!?!
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

oh shit, her
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Maybe I was a bit unrealistic, reelase probably won't be tomarrow.... I'll just aim for the end of this week. My friend just came up with a way to do some awesome effects, so my night to day will look kick ass...
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

This looks pretty nice, can't wait to play it on release :D
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Well, after giving up on this map for like 2 motnhs, I opened up hammer and within a few seconds, fixed the 2 main bugs that made me quit.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

:dance2:
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Power-Mad wrote:Well, after giving up on this map for like 2 motnhs, I opened up hammer and within a few seconds, fixed the 2 main bugs that made me quit.
Haha! I've done that several times to a few of my maps. Gives your subconcious a chance to mull it over. (And allows time to exorcise hammer daemons ;) )
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

When will I release this? Probably around thursday or friday...
:roll: So is this map dead then?
Steve
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Steve »

updates are good for the kids, power mad.
Steve: Yo tengo tu madre en mi pantalones, lolzo
Fire_cube: my mom is actually in MY pants
Fire_cube: youshithead
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

:(