Show off work in progress maps.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

oc_blizzard

Post by fug4life »

Ok my last WIP I mean it! for now... :wink:

*04/02/08 Updated*
I havent forgotten about this map like oc_rein this map is awaiting 1.3, and a lot of inspiration and work from me :) The map was covered in trees and did have an oil derrick at one stage. I'm thinking of redesigning the whole map, pretty much everything in these screen shots will change.

Last edited by fug4life on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
LazyBuhdaBelly
Polygon
Polygon

Post by LazyBuhdaBelly »

looks good.
Pwn me once, shame on — shame on you. Pwn me — you can't get Pwned again.
HBK wrote:Molten shit.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Oooo... looks neat! I'm guessing some sort of capture the flag?
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

I like.

But I'm afraid the generic public prefers coop over capture the crate.
Xesum

Post by Xesum »

How about A snow skin for antlions, It would sort of be right.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Well, you are all right yes it's another teamplay map with 'ctc'. I know this is a coop mod, this is my last teamplay map. Where warmachine_fortress is inside ctc then blizzard is my outdoor ctc. blizzard is designed so 2 players wont get bored on playing this game mode if their arent so many players, where as warmachine_fortress really need 6 players to enjoy!
blizzard will have simple rts elements, you'll be able to let loose npc's that are like tactical weapons to either defend or attack. I'm hoping at the top of the research tree you'll be able to send dropships to the enemy base to drop of combine troops or striders, so you can co-ordinate your fenzied attack when they disrupted by whatever npc's you send to your enemy.

I'm hoping with this map to try draw players into playing more teamplay maps more :D I know others that are working on a couple of teamplay orientated maps, I think it would be great for the mod to have a nice selection of teamplay maps.

After seeing DaMaN's and W0rf0x's co-op maps I kind of gave up trying to compete, I think there's enough classic co-op maps around the corner!
After this maybe I'll get round to my oc_deathrace2000/carmaggedon map, then maybe my attempt at a puzzle map, then maybe I'll attempt going back to classic coop :D

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

fug4life wrote:Well, you are all right yes it's another teamplay map with 'ctc'. I know this is a coop mod, this is my last teamplay map. Where warmachine_fortress is inside ctc then blizzard is my outdoor ctc. blizzard is designed so 2 players wont get bored on playing this game mode if their arent so many players, where as warmachine_fortress really need 6 players to enjoy!
blizzard will have simple rts elements, you'll be able to let loose npc's that are like tactical weapons to either defend or attack. I'm hoping at the top of the research tree you'll be able to send dropships to the enemy base to drop of combine troops or striders, so you can co-ordinate your fenzied attack when they disrupted by whatever npc's you send to your enemy.
Dude! That sounds sweet! Having like, different biological researches (giving more/stronger/any antlions/bullsquids, etc, antguard top of research chain), headcrab research (giving different kinds of headcrabs, etc, bigmomma at top of research chain), mechanical research (giving striders/gunships/dropships/helicopters (could be made weaker to match other tech trees)), and weapons research (giving better weapons).
Dude... tech trees in team battles have so many possibilities i never considered!

ACK! Must! Not! Get! Distracted! From! Current WIP!! :o
After seeing DaMaN's and W0rf0x's co-op maps I kind of gave up trying to compete, I think there's enough classic co-op maps around the corner!
Hahaha, true, there are a large number of classic co-op maps being made...
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Dude! That sounds sweet! Having like, different biological researches (giving more/stronger/any antlions/bullsquids, etc, antguard top of research chain), headcrab research (giving different kinds of headcrabs, etc, bigmomma at top of research chain), mechanical research (giving striders/gunships/dropships/helicopters (could be made weaker to match other tech trees)), and weapons research (giving better weapons).
Dude... tech trees in team battles have so many possibilities i never considered!
Got it in one!

It's limiting how many types of npc in the battlefield per team. Or like you say just go up the tech tree but only allow build of an npc after its inferior predacessor has been killed.

Problem is I can only allow say one to two types in the battlefield at a time, other wise I'll end up with 6 gunships flying about :)

but yes the mech, biological, and alien routes, plus maybe offence and defense variants. should add some spice :)

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

The electricity around the crate reminds me of the glow commands in Half-Life 1 on servers. I miss those. :(
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

skidz wrote:The electricity around the crate reminds me of the glow commands in Half-Life 1 on servers. I miss those. :(
hmm code in material overlay and color overlay admin commands?
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

skidz wrote:The electricity around the crate reminds me of the glow commands in Half-Life 1 on servers. I miss those. :(
I want those remade for half life 2 :( How possible is that, as like a plugin?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Not without engine access. :(
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

Ooophm, I remember having my own personal svencoop glow back in the days when I was a legend, ah.

O lawd :cry:
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Added some pictures for this wip as old ones were deleted by me by mistake, I'm trying to show map is alive, although its only just alive. Map will be redesigned I think.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

maybe some kinda of space cannon controls :P that just obliterate the other team, with the ability for the target to be moved, so you can shot anywhere on the map, a bit like when your on half life and have to co-ordinate the air strike to blow up the door and make a bridge, or was that on opposing force cant remember one or the other :P.
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<