oc_antlion_attack

Show off work in progress maps.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

gtaiiilc wrote:with oc you can change player models and since there ment to be combine make them combine!
That sounds awesome! I'm assuming that would be done in MapAdd right?
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

fragged131 wrote:FINALLY A GOOD ANTLION SURVIVAL MULTIPLAYER MAP!!!

/excitement
SUCK IT.
SUCK IT DRY!

jk.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Hey all, bit of an update. I've got the lives system working, (though it would be good to playtest the amount of lives, I'm thinking that 25 should be tough enough for hard mode, 20 for medium and 15 for easy).

One thing though,
gtaiiilc wrote:with oc you can change player models and since there ment to be combine make them combine!
How does one go about doing this? If someone could please let me know soon, I should be able to release a finished version of this map by the end of tommorrow!
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

We havnt setup custom player models yet. By the looks of things people want to be able to use any model they want. We will implement a system sooner or later.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

skidz wrote:We havnt setup custom player models yet. By the looks of things people want to be able to use any model they want. We will implement a system sooner or later.
Yes. :)
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Ah, ok, well that's no problem then. It would be neat having everyone combine, but it won't detract from the gameplay.

One final question: players seem to implicitly spawn with a pistol, a crowbar and a gravgun. Is there any way to make it so they only spawn with a pistol, (no crowbar and no gravgun)?

EDIT: My bad, players spawn with a medkit, not a gravgun
Last edited by DaMaN on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

DaMaN wrote:Ah, ok, well that's no problem then. It would be neat having everyone combine, but it won't detract from the gameplay.

One final question: players seem to implicitly spawn with a pistol, a crowbar and a gravgun. Is there any way to make it so they only spawn with a pistol, (no crowbar and no gravgun)?
You could put weapon strippers and put pistols on a table in the same room or something ?

Also , could you change the light_env settings ? I mean , come on , these combine lights would look so much better on night time , or even with a sunset !

Awesome displacements and brushwork tbh
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

DaMaN wrote:Ah, ok, well that's no problem then. It would be neat having everyone combine, but it won't detract from the gameplay.

Use a game_player_equip named 'spawn_items_equip' to give the players their spawn items, which will override the default items. Or if you want to have the players pick up their weapons instead of spawn with them, still create the game_player_equip but don't add any keys to it.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Hyperjag3 wrote:

Use a game_player_equip named 'spawn_items_equip' to give the players their spawn items, which will override the default items. Or if you want to have the players pick up their weapons instead of spawn with them, still create the game_player_equip but don't add any keys to it.
This doesn't seem to work for me, I've got a game_player_equip named "spawn_items_equip" with a set of items, but none of the items are being given, just the default ones.

In the end it's not a huge deal, as I can do it from an embedded cfg file, (and it's only really the crowbar I'd like removed).

EDIT: OK, it works with the cfg file, so I'll just do it that way.

One major problem I've been having is with the player lives. I've set up the map to use lives in every single possible way I can think of (lives entity, cfg file, servercommand, etc), but none seem to start lives mode. However, upon "restart"ing the map, lives mode is turned on, and lives continue normally. Will lives mode only work after a server has been setup? (I'm running this from a listen server btw).

EDIT2: Ok, well, I still can't get the lives thingy working, so I'll just leave it as is and hope it's not my fault ;)

As for the rest of it, the map is nearly done. One or two touchups, a final compile or two with full vis and rad, do some pakrating, then I'll see about a release.

EDIT3: Well, it's all compiled and it all works properly now (except the lives part, unless you restart the server or change to it from another map lives mode won't auto-turnon), the only other problem was that I accidentally re-set one of the shadows for the rocks, so now I have to re-compile the whole damn thing again to make the rocks look decent. I'll do that tonight.

EDIT4: Is anyone reading these edits? Hmm...
worbat
Vertex
Vertex

Post by worbat »

I care it sounds like a very good map, any eta>?
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

worbat wrote:I care it sounds like a very good map, any eta>?
Later on tonight if I have anything to do about it!

Seriously, the map's done. I just need to tweak out a few bugs, add in one or two entities, perhaps a soundscape or three. Then I'll pak-age it all up and release!

Also, Fire_cube wants the environment lights dimmed ( :shock: ) so I'll probably do another compile tonight with a night or sunset environment and see how it turns out.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

in the hl:s gcf theres a real nice sun set sky from the e3_docks video here http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/in ... pic=6262.0
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Map released!

Check it out here: http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... 3349#13349

-DaMaN