OC_ Starlight

Show off work in progress maps.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

OC_ Starlight

Post by Power-Mad »

Hi, it's me again with my map I promised!
Basically, you sapwn in that room, and you must clear each room 1 by one, each with a puzzle based boss fight at the end of it. These are not just square roms you will be looking at, the follwoing will be very neat tricks I've learned in hammer to screw with your head. Think twilight zone plus chrono trigger's "The End of Time" level.

Update!
(Ignore my FPS at teh bottom, I have an unbelieveably crappy computer with less than 512 ram)
Last edited by Power-Mad on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

lighting on the models is off. Throw a light ent in the socket. Seriously :O
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

I likes!! Looks like it'll be a cool map! :D
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

skidz wrote:lighting on the models is off. Throw a light ent in the socket. Seriously :O
I duno how well putting it directly on the light will work, worth a try though. Sorry, just kinda guessed doing that would screw up the light more then help it
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Updated! Check first post.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

When you intersect a light ent into a static model it lights the model only. Being inside it would light the inside like it should. Normally. :P
Tweaking for best results.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

It was good, though the game crashed after awhile, damn it, couldnt be arsed to start over again
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

Its a great map the atmosphere on it is amazing, the only bad thing about it is that its really hard to find your way around, i don't think most people would have the brains to jump over some of the rails and stuff.
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

I played throught this map. It was quite fun altho it could use some optimizing in various areas. Such as when you enter the office room things with doors. They made my FPS drop alittle when i played alone and alot when i played it with others. Then we have the zombies in the corridor before you enter the black/white pathway. Also in the end with the manhacks you should really lower how many spawns at once. I could barely make it out of there alive and it lagged like shit. Beside those great map very fun and i hope to see more of these maps released in the future.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

I've done as much optimising as possible, sorry. The server you played with us on, didn't seem like you were going on a very fast connection to begin with, what connection are you on? Me 80 latnency, fenrir 50 latnency, fox 230 something latnency.

BTW, after the manhacks on level 4, there should be ONLY 1 spawner creating zombies at a time unless you started noclipping. Once you get behind 1 spawner, it disables and activates the next. There is lag in parts, I realise that, but there's little I can do about a little lag in maps without reducing hte action to a very small ammount of enemies bothing to go at you at 1 time and... well... making it borring.
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

As far as i recall im running on 8mb or higher. Not sure since my broadband company has been tampering with the speed on and off for ages now.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

epic